Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Beauty and the Beast





This one I did for the cast party of Beauty and the Beast, and let me tell you, it was a BEAST. I didn't know what I was going to do when I started and I re-did things multiple times. I originally had the the theatre logo and the production dates on there too, but they got ruined. I made the mistake of painting it onto the fondant before a put it onto the cake...bad idea. When I tried to pick it up without smearing it, it ripped. So I "oh so artistically" tore around the edges of the Beauty and the Beast emblem and just placed it on the cake after covering it with a plain white fondant. I did the other painting after it was all together, and it actually turned out nice. The fake rose petals serve to hide some of my cake carrier, but they add a nice touch as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment